Thursday, June 3, 2010
This has been sitting waiting for a few weeks, whilst I settle with it. Like previous months I have needle felted a background on to a piece of craft felt, then I did some free machine embroidery to create the initial structure of the image. Then I basically built up the texture with beads and embroidery using some fuzzy wool I pick up cheaply over the years. Its quite a heavy piece!
This is the image I started with . Image removed see this blogger's post on copy right
May is still a work in progress and given that I have decided to bead the whole surface of the piece it might well be a while before it is complete But here is a teaser